Saturday 27 March 2010

Urban Decay...




(Photographs shot on site at Forest Mills, Radford. Finished in photoshop)

Neglected, Abused, Forgotten...

So is the story of Forest Mills, once at the forefront of the worlds lace industry, now a decaying memory in Nottingham's pages of history.

The constant squeak of rats and stale stench of neglect was a constant reminder I was intruding, and my Levi Strauss didn't appreciate the spiked razor wired fence we had to scale in order to get these shots, but it was worth it in the end... beautiful isn't it?

I love the World War 2 aesthetic achieved in these ones, although the raw shots are just as nice. I hope you don't feel they are over photoshoped, I try to achieve a distinct theme in each shoot, but always keep a copy of the raw photographs. This is very important I feel. 

Anyway, this is my site... what a gem ay!    

No comments:

Post a Comment