Thursday 25 March 2010

The Human Recycling Programme part 2




(Initial diagram, later extended to A1. Image was hand drawn before being imported into photoshop for image manipulation, finished on illustrator)

In order to refine my process and discover it's capabilities, I decided to take my investigation further. To do this, I systematically categorised different 'levels' of the human body, and recorded their potential uses. I also thought it would be important to record the processes involved in their recycling procedure, and the resulting specimen created.

From this, modifications to my original process could be made.

I found that the avenues for exploration were quickly drying up, as the mapping diagram had become very specific. To counter this, I opened the investigation back up by categorising the specimens into 3 catergories:
  1. Environmental impact
  2. Human mental impact
  3. Human physical impact

By doing this, the generality opened the project back up for development.

No comments:

Post a Comment