Sunday 10 October 2010

Kodak Instamatic 400
















I picked this gem up in a charity shop in Nottingham! It only set me back a couple of pounds, it seems to work fine, I just need some 126mm film and a place to develop it! I foresee some sort of project emerging from this steadily building camera collection i seem to be hoarding... ??? Hmmm. We'll see, for now I'm just happy for it to sit on my shelf  and look at it!

A bit of background: 

"The Kodak Instamatic 400 was an early model of Kodak's Instamatic camera series for Kodak's easy-to-use cartridge 126 film. It was made from 1963 to 1966 in Rochester. It has a film advance system with spring motor, a built-in pop-up flashbulb holder, and a built-in electric eye for automatic exposure control. The essential parts are the f8 41mm 3-element lens and the two speed shutter with speeds of 1/40 and 1/60 sec."

(www.camerapedia.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment